Winchester Local Schools will be offering a completely online option for the
2020-2021 school year for those families looking for an alternative
to the classroom environment during the COVID
pandemic. This option will be known as CW
Online Learning Academy. Families who choose this option will be asked to commit for a semester at a time (half year) in order to create balanced class sections throughout the rest of the district. Students enrolled in the academy will still be Canal Winchester students and have support from their school building including access to school counselors. Students will also be able to participate in extra-curricular activities such as clubs and sports. Students
who qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch will receive weekly meal deliveries if
desired (must complete application).
online learning with CW curriculum
same curriculum as WTES & ITES (Wonders ELA, Investigations Math, etc.), but modified to create
online high-quality learning experiences
•Seamless transition back to classroom
should families select the School-Based track for the second half of the year
•Google Classroom platform – lesson plan templates to keep consistency among grade-level peers in CWOLA and those in the classroom
•Asynchronous (flexible schedule) for weekly 5-day, self-paced instructional
videos created by CW teachers & supporting activities/content. Can be
completed at convenience of families throughout the week.
live small group instruction/class
discussions (teachers will schedule)
•English Language Arts, Math, Social
•Related Arts (music, art, PE) weekly
•Gifted, Special Education & ELL
services supported with CWOLA
100% online learning
• Should families select to return to the School-Based
track for the second half of the year, transition procedures will vary by
course. CWMS/CWHS will work with students to make arrangements.
• Uses Edmentum Courseware for flexible access to instruction and application as they complete each module at their own pace
• CW Teacher assigned to monitor coursework progress/attendance and answer general questions. Subject-specific support teachers will be accessible
• Special Education & ELL services supported with CWOLA from a CW Intervention Specialist or classroom teacher
• Limited Accelerated & AP courses available through Edmentum. (No MS or HS gifted or pathway classes available)
• CWOLA students registered for CCP at CWHS will instead do online through our partnership with Columbus State. Complete CSCC registration form for the online CSCC course they wish to take and scan it to HS Counselor Deidra Muse (firstname.lastname@example.org) for signature no later than August 14.
• Edmentum grade percentages will be converted to CWLS grading scale (A-F)