During the 2017-18 school year, students in grades 6-12 will each receive a chromebook for the entire school year. This will be the first full year for the program. Beginning in the school year 2018-19 for students in grades KG-5, the number of chromebooks will increase, creating greater access in the classroom.
· To develop our students to be creators and not simply consumers of media.
· To create an environment in which technology enables students’ self-direction and pacing.
· To design a flexible learning environment that allows students to work in a variety of ways: independently, in small groups and beyond the scheduled class time and space.
· To engage students in a variety of individualized and collaborative tasks.
· Textbook companies are moving to an online format—a chromebook provides students access to the online textbooks with the most up-to-date information.
We believe the most effective student learning will be accomplished when our instructional and technological resources are integrated, aligned and at the hands of our students 24/7, giving them the ability to access content when most appropriate for their learning. Today’s students will work in a job force where computer literacy will no longer be an option but be required. We as a school district must ensure we are providing students the tools to train for their future. We are empowering all students for success. Please refer to the district website for more detailed information. We will continually make updates as the pilot program is underway.Chromebook Agreement Form MUST be completed to receive chromebook
(optional protection fee must be paid prior to chromebook distribution date)
2017-18 Chromebook Distribution dates:
Mon Aug 7 Seniors HS Schedule/Chromebook Pick-up 9AM-12noon
Tue Aug 8 Juniors HS Schedule/Chromebook Pick-up 9AM-12noon
Wed Aug 9 Sophomores HS Schedule/Chromebook Pick-up 9AM-12noon
Wed Aug 16 Freshman pick-up during Freshman Orientation
Grades 6-8 Chromebooks will be distributed after school starts
See the attachments below for more information